Reuters: Stocks were down Monday on weak data on the housing market and services sector gave the latest indications that economic conditions were getting worse, taking the S&P below a key support level. While acquisition activity limited the market's decline...
- Stagnant wages leave Central Banks worrying about workers
- Retail sales manufacturing point at firming economy
- BRICS set up bank to counter Western hold on global finances
- Supreme Court rules against Aero
- US: China military hacked US companies
- Major US internet providers accused of deliberately slowing traffic
- Risk of asteroid hitting Earth greater than thought
- US: Hackers exploiting heartbleed
- US factory activity picks up
Reuters: A fragile truce in Gaza for Eid was fraying Monday as Israel's PM said UN calls for a long term cease fire ignored his country's security needs. The IDF said they were firing only when fired upon while army engineers hunted infiltrator tunnels...
- Kerry to visit Egypt for meetings on Gaza
- Iran warned of 'last chance' in nuclear talks
- Huffington: Jews who say end the war on Gaza
- Pentagon orders USS George H.W. Bush to the Gulf
- China calls for punishment of US tech firms
- PM Netanyahu says Hamas is committing double war crimes
- Thousands march in Chicago in support of Palestinians
- Pro Palestinian protesters clash with French police
- Magnetic field weakening faster than thought
- WP: How a solar storm nearly destroyed life nearly 2 years ago
CNN: The UN Security Council held an emergency meeting in New York early Monday and announced strong support for an immediate and unconditional cease-fire in Gaza. The cease-fire would allow for the delivery of urgently needed assistance..
- Reuters: Israel rejects ceasfire plan death toll nears 850 people
- AFP: ISIS seized a Syrian army base killing scores of troops beheading some of them
- Islamic Scholars condemn expulsion of Christians
- Syrian jets bomb eastern rebel towns near Iraq
- Fighting strains Ukraine ceasefire Putin urges dialogue
- Russia cuts off gas to Ukraine
- Car bomb kill at least 89 people in Afghanistan
- Air Algerie disintegrated in Mali
- ISIS blows up Jonah's tomb
Mens Journal Yahoo: "The night sky isn't what it used to be. The U.S. alone spends $11 billion each year on unnecessary outdoor lighting and in many regions throughout the world stars and other heavenly phenomena have faded from view..."
Reuters: The ESA launched three satellites it hopes will help understand why the magnetic field that makes human life possible on Earth appears to be weakening. Comprising the ESA's Swarm project, the satellites were launched from Russia ...
- Taleban start spring offensive
- Republicans weigh using debt limit as leverage on Obamacare
- 33 mutilated corpses found in Mexico drug lands
- Military tries to rein in vigilantes battling cartel
- Profiting from the demand for, and scarceness of, water
- Yahoo Reuters: Despite fears NSA revelations help US tech industry
Reuters: Shirley Temple Black who lifted America's spirits as a bright eyed dimpled child movie star during the Great Depression later becoming a US diplomat, died late Monday evening at the age of 85 her family said.
Dilbert is a big success for creator Scott Adams who started his corporate career as a bank teller in San Francisco, working his way up became a manager, got an MBA then moved on to Pacific Bell were he met the personalities who would inspire his famous comic strip...
Space: Three NASA space telescopes will give astronomers their best ever views of some of the most distant objects in the Universe. The Hubble, Spitzer, and Chandra space Telescopes will collectively observe six huge galaxy clusters over the next three years as a part of a project called The Frontier Fields...
AFP: Britain's Queen Elizabeth II joined her great grandson Prince George at his first birthday party as his parents thanked well wishers around the world for their warmth and generosity. Prince William and his wife Kate threw a private party at their refurbished apartmene in Kensington Palace to mark the occasion...
- Reuters: Reserchers hack Verizon femtocell, turn it into a mobile spy station
- Soccer match halted over racist abuse
- Gitmo Uighurs languish on Palau in China's shadow
- Marketwatch: 10 companies with the worst reputations
- Sea Shepherd wins Japan whalers losses
- Kissing your kids like you will never see them again
Physicists confirmed that the Large Hadron Collider at CERN, the particle physics laboratory in Geneva had indeed found a Higgs boson, marking a culmination of one of the longest and most expensive searches in science...
- Bullies are not just in middle school
- Everything you think you know about addiction is wrong
- Growing push to stop workplace bullying
- Mozilla boycotts Apple because of crazy restrictions
- Buffett implores CEOs: stop complaining about uncertainty
- Scientists find signs of life in Australia going back 3.48 billion years
Reuters/Freeland: "One of the most urgent questions in economics today is the connection between inequality and growth. That is because one of the big economic facts of our tie is the surge in income disparity..."
- Ariel Sharon, former Israeli Prime Minister dies at 85
- Israeli stage actors boycott play in West Bank Settlement
- Boko Haram says it has started kidnapping women and children
- Jewish leaders alarmed by far right anti Semitism in Hungary
- Cartel dominates, torches western Mexico state
- The Street: Google has kittens
CNN: The event was over in a fraction of a second and released a burst of energy that is not particularly impressive. But it is being hailed as a milestone in a decades long search to harness the power of nuclear fusion...
- Childhood bullying tied to Adolescent self-harm
- Cancer doctors protest astronomical drug costs
- Raytheon, Lockheed to get US secrets for cybersecurity
- Should science on brain injury inspire ban on boxing?
- Anti-migrant riots erupt in Moscow
- Scientists: CO2 causing oceans to acidify at an unprecedented rate
Yahoo Space: New photos released by the European Southern Observatory (ESO) show a distant active galaxy eating huge amounts of matter boosting its super energetic jets of material to extremely high levels...